Music

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ya, so I hate grunge. Sue me.



While I technically came of age in the 80's, I was still young when the big hair bands were made extinct in the early 90's by the 'Seattle Sound', otherwise known as grunge.  Honestly, I hated that shit.  I didn't feel the whole teen angst vibe and still cannot understand how the flag bearer of the movement felt he was so troubled that he had to end it all while his band Nirvana was on top of the world.  

My disdain for Seattle music lasted many years as different bands came out of the area, most of them just another group of guys with unsettled anger issues.  This all changed in the 2000's as a new breed came out.  Bands like the Fleet Foxes and Band of Horses have put the otherwise awesome city back into my good music graces.  'The Great Salt Lake' is an older tune by Band of Horses but one that never gets old. 




No comments:

Post a Comment